Monday, May 6, 2013

2 hr. walk

Over the newly (well not that new) built bridge, across the river, over the 105 bridge, to Nakamura bakery, back to my neighborhood then back to my favorite spot atop the mountain.

Things I learned from this walk:
-I get emotional and tear when I think about leaving in August.
-Kids say 'ohayou gozaimasu', 'Konnichiwa' or 'doumo' while adults just look. If I'm lucky they'll look at me.
-Nakamura bakery's cream puffs are more expensive than 150¥. 168¥ to be exact.
-Music really does set the mood.

Picture is of the new bridge. Can't wait for the sidewalk area to be finished so I don't feel guilty about walking under ropes in between construction barriers because I don't want to walk an extra couple of blocks :p

2 comments:

  1. aww charlsie, I'm sorry you will be leaving soon. I'm so happy you are doing so much to cherish each moment you have there :) it's still may so you've got some time to enjoy enjoy enjoy :) smile! because you are experiencing so many wonderful adventures that will go with you wherever your life may lead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I have to remind myself that when I start to feel sad about leaving. There are so many more wonderful adventures after Japan as well =)

      Delete