Thursday, May 24, 2012

Books

I was so happy to have received a school library card a few weeks ago. It wasn't the fact that I could borrow library books that made me happy but the feeling I had when it was given to me. It felt like they were telling me, 'you are part of the school'. The week after, I ventured into the tiny library in search of some English books. The school has only about a couple handfuls of English books. The real find was my school's librarian. I told her that I wanted to try to read easy Japanese books to better my Japanese. Unfortunately the easiest junior high school books were too difficult but I borrowed some anyways. I tried to translate them but my Japanese skills are less than par. My librarian must have sensed my struggle and brought kindergarten/elementary books from home for me. She is so sweet. She explained each book to me too.

I also got my Yurihonjo public library card. The city library has a decent sized English book section. I borrowed a bento cookbook. This is a money saver because I was going to buy one of these and it would have been in Japanese. Yay for libraries ^•^

Kpop reference for the day....
태양 ♪(´ε` ) Is it just me or do his fingers look stubby in this pic?

1 comment:

  1. haha they kinda DO look stubby! haha. Congrats on getting a library card, it sounds like a lifesaver for sure there! :) looking forward to seeing pictures of your bentos!

    ReplyDelete