Thursday, July 25, 2013

Goodbye Kitachu!

Yesterday was my last official day at Kitachu.  I had my final class and the school prepared my farewell ceremony.  I was given a bouquet of beautiful flowers, said my speech and exited to a standing ovation like some kind of super star.  I spent the rest of the day cleaning out my desk, saying my goodbyes and signing kids' folders, books and pencil cases.  


That evening my school had a farewell enkai for me.  I finally had a chat with the new principal and other administrative people.  Most memorable was chatting with my kyoutou sensei about my future endeavors.  He told me that I kumi was happy to have class with me.  That made me tear and smile at the same time.

Today I went to school to work with my speech competition students.  It was our first time practicing together but they did so well.  I wish I could watch them perform their speeches in September.

Then when I was leaving one of my teachers said her goodbye to me.  It was so emotional that we were hugging each other with red teary eyes.  I was surprised that I made such an impact on her.  I think we made a good team when we taught with each other.  And I will miss her as much as she will miss me.

The goodbyes will continue as I will take purikura with my former sannensei student and have my last badminton practice at Ozaki.


No comments:

Post a Comment