Friday, July 5, 2013

Chiffon cake!

Saying goodbye seems to drag out longer than I would like.  For example, today I said goodbye to little Midori chan about 20 times.  I don't know if I'll see her and her family again before I leave.  I want to at least stop by so we can take pictures together.

Anywho, we made chiffon cake together.  I remember I tried to make it a long long time ago and failed with a flat dense cake.  That was my first time making a meringue and didn't know anything about shiny stiff peaks.  So when Sasaki Sensei showed me how to make it today, I knew what she was trying to tell me even though I don't understand more than half of the Japanese she was saying.  Success!  She made some fresh whipped cream too.  We ate both with sweet blueberries!  To top it all off, I watched DVDs with Midori chan while mom could relax a bit.  I'm going to miss this family!



No comments:

Post a Comment