I don't have a car yet so my supervisor, Kimura san, has been giving me rides to and from school. I don't think he has to but he has. Since I've dipped my feet into the world of bento making with my mystery Onigiri, I wanted to delve a bit further with my first unofficial bento. I thought it would be perfect to give my first bento to Kimura san.
So I wake up early Friday morning to cook rice and prepare. Make my star musubi, tako hotdogs and wash my tomatoes. Tada! First bento. Secure it with rubber bands ready to go! A minute later I get a phone call that Kimura san won't be able to pick me up today :(. In the end I couldn't give him the bento and I had to walk to school.
On the flipside, I took some pretty sakura pictures, talked with some students on the way home and found a shortcut :)


Your Sakura has bloomed! When is that festival for that supposed to be or has it passed?
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure when the festival for Yurihonjo was/is. A bunch of us are planning to go to the festival in Kakunodate later this week. It should be beautiful. I'll post more Sakura pics after we visit.
ReplyDelete